grayscale seperator bar
tractione engine montage
seperator bar

Tallington Steam Festival 2000

1914 Fowler B6 10NHP Showman's Road Locomotive - Carry On
Works No 14425 - Reg. No. DP 4418.
This engine was originally built as a heavy haulage engine to tow Howitzer guns in France for the War Department. It was converted to a Showmans engine in 1923 by Charles Openshaw of Reading and was sold to Condonas of Glasgow, Scotland. In 1943 it was sold to McGiverns of Northern Ireland and was last used in 1959 St Patrick's Day celebrations in Dublin before being shipped back to England by Jack Stantham. Restored by Lance Stantham, the engine is capable of generating 300 amps at 100 volts.

Fowler Road Loco - Carry On